SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering in Europe: Why no Grills?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010
Puget Sound Pounder

kellysails is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
I think the need for the males to burn meat in the open air wjhile wearing a tasteless pinny is a peculiarly American thing.
Hey there, I resemble that remark, yes I do like to BBQ (grill) but I never wear a "tasteless pinny" (had to research that a bit) while doing it. My wife burned all my "pinny" the day after we were married.

During our charter trips to Croatia and Greece (Cyclades) we did not see a single BBQ in use. I've come to the conclusion that due to the prevalence med moor and rafting X deep off of docks it is probably a good idea that charter companies don't supply "grills".

And yes, BBQ is an important American cultural "thing" as we thoroughly enjoy the act of group cooking off the stern of a sailboat or anywhere for that matter. Although we find little hardship in giving up the "grill" for experiencing the beauty of the Med. The food provided in the Tavernas is usually of the best quality and is inexpensive. In the BVI the food is VERY expensive and is hit or miss on quality, BBQ'ing is the best option there.

-craig "kellysails@gmail.com"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook