SailNet Community - View Single Post - If not Pacific Seacraft...what?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
We sail our 31 with a family of five aboard. Maybe it's necessity, but we are able to store our spinnaker in the large starboard cockpit locker, along with three fenders (two medium, one large) our shorepower cords, docklines, etc. I find that locker is pretty darn large for a boat this size.

We even have empty lockers belowdecks with nothing in them.

When we're aboard, our cockpit cushions are on the cockpit seats, so storing them below when we're away from the boat is not an issue. And I'd say most boats in this size range lack space in the cockpit lockers to stow cockpit cushions.

The boat is definitely getting tight as our family (kids) grow. But on the rare occasion when my wife and I get out for a sail as a couple, we invariably comment on how we could be perfectly happy on a boat this size and this well though-out. Maybe the fact that we normally sail with a large "crew" makes the boat feel that much more spacious when we are just two aboard?

And following-up on one of Adam's comments: Even to this day, after owning our 31 for seven years now, I never fail to get that "tickled" feeling when I step aboard. Tickled at how lucky we are to own such a fine boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook