SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

S2 8.0 literature

13K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  dorourke 
#1 ·
I purchased a 1982 S2 8.0 26'. I would like to know if there is any literature out there on this boat. I've found the parts catalog and the maintainence manual for the sail drive along with the electrical, all I need is the owners manual or the likeness of it for the boat itself. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#27 ·
rafege,

I have made a reinforcement out of solid aluminum round stock and am going to install it this next week with a stainless backing plate undernieth, and alot of silicone. My rudder post at the sole was conciderally smaller than the hole they put in the sole itself. I have been in six foot waves several times and I fret every time I need to pull or push the tiller when that happens, it made me too nervous.

Buy the way.... I think I know who you are, I think I saw you coming into the channel the same time as we were. I could be wrong but both the boats have the exact color scheme??

Dennis

#28 ·
I'm pretty sure the tiller for the 8.0B is H & L Marine Woodworks model 112F and is available from Defender. I'll double check this weekend since I just replaced mine. I refinished my old tiller and am keeping it for a spare. If anyone needs a copy of the Owners Manual, I scanned mine. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. I've owned my '83 8.0B for 8 years. In that time I've replaced all the running rigging, the cushions, and the sails. I added a roller furler, bimini, gps, dsc radio, stereo, Force 10 grill, dvd and flat screen tv. I also use a carry on A/C, but am thinking of installing a built in A/C over the winter. When I bought the boat the saildrive was removed and replaced with a 13HP inboard Yanmar. The only bad thing about the yanmar was the shelving in the cabinet under the companionway had to be removed to provide enough room for the engine. I spend almost every weekend on the boat from March until November; going down on Friday night and returning Sunday. I've never had a problem with the rudder post, but the upper bushing just wore out this year and I've ordered a new nyliner bearing that I'll put in when I haul the boat to paint the bottom this year.

Rich
Cagey One
83 8.0 B

#29 ·
Rich,

It sounds like you and I should hang out:). I have replaced so much of the outer gear and rigging on my "82" 8.0B. I am very interested in all the things you've done to your boat accept the change over to the Yanmar, (maby soon I will concider it mostly because of the milage.) I have the Johnson Evinrude 25 hp. and it trully is 25 hp. it also drinks like it.

Bret Overholtzer would love to hear from you also. He has a website strictly for S2's, mostly 8.0B's. If you have some pics you would love to brag with, I think he might be interested in them.

Bret's web address is: Implied consent - s2 8.0 meter

I will Email you for the brochure.

Thanks
Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.