SailNet Community - View Single Post - computer problems at server??
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
John, the problem is clearly with the some of the plethora of advert and advert-supporting sites SailNet is loading up with every page. I currently have three (3) domains in my ABP list, all of them as a result of visiting SN. In fact: It was the poor performance of SN, engendered by some of its adverts, that caused me to install Adblock Plus in the first place.

I rarely, if ever, have this problem at any of the other sites I visit. Some of them have very high traffic volumes, but manage to survive w/o trashing their sites with a bunch of adverts. A couple others have lots of adverts, but somehow seem to avoid the lousy advert servers that would drag their sites into the slow lane.

Jim
Thanks Jim. It sounds as if your experience has been very similar to mine.

But I can't pretend to understand this topic the way all you guys posting to this thread seem to. When it comes to computers -- I'm way over my head on this stuff.

All I can do is reiterate that Admin is aware of the problem, and has been/is trying to cure it. Listening to you guys, it sure seems as though the fix should be relatively easy, but apparently for some reason it hasn't been. Maybe it's a question of legacy issues, or the size of the Sailnet database, or possibly even resources available to work the problem? I wish I could, but I just can't offer you an explanation.

We appreciate the comments/suggestions, and I want to assure everyone that we do pass ALL of them on to Admin. Beyond that, we'd ask for patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook