SailNet Community - View Single Post - If not Pacific Seacraft...what?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010

Loos1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks TeejayEvans. I looked at that 31 in Key West. Looks very nice, but kind of hard to tell from the poor photos. And it is a reasonable price. I was more referring to what would be the best source to determine a reasonable price on ANy boat. A source that keeps track of the selling prices, as that in the end is the true value. As sailboats are, on the whole it seems, depreciating assets, as a new entrant I want to try to get a feel for the level of expected depreciation from year to year. Of course one guys perfectly kept and upgraded '94 whatever boat will always be worth vastly more than an unused neglected one, there has to be some middle ground value.

While it would be great to find a fabulous deal, I am more trying to avoid making a really bad one. The world of boating is fraught with expenses, and finding the right balance of affordability to enjoyment could ultimately dictate whether one remains a boater or landlubber! Jeez, with the cost of the slip, and hauling out for winters, insurance, and TAXES... you've really got to be committed to even gain entry. That before you ever fix or upgrade a single thing. Yeah, we all know the old joke, but that's not to say we all aren't going to do everything we can to control the sIze of the hole in the wawa.

To JohnPollard- I can easily see where that "tickle" comes from. The Pacific Seacrafts are really magnificent boats. It must be a good feeling to know that if you were buying again right now, you'd buy the same boat. I'd rather spend a little too much, and at least know I got what I wanted. And 31' is a really nice number too.

I'd still love to hear other PSC lovers alternative boats (and why perhaps) for the sake of comparison.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook