SailNet Community - View Single Post - If not Pacific Seacraft...what?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010

teejayevans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loos1 View Post
Tom,
Thanks for the reply. Just started reading thru your blog. Way cool!! Sort of started reading near recently, then doubled back to the beginning. Guess it starts Jan 3, 2008? Feels like I'm missing some backround info though. Maybe I will learn more as I go thru it. Like, where's the homeport, NC somewhere? How old are you, and what was your experience level when you left? You say your boat is relatively new, what year? What is the draft? What do you do when not cruising? Do you have a particular long term goal with respect to sailing? There are lots more questions of course. Anyway, really enjoying the read!
Added later.... what are "the banks"?

At the end of the blog 5/4/2009, why was your pride damaged? Seemed all a success to me! The knockdown? I'd like to hear more about that! Like second to second...
The blog was meant for friends&family, so that's why its missing the background info. My 31 is a 2005, I bought it new from Carolina Wind in Washington NC, who was excellent BTW, sadly I found out the guy I dealt with died when I was in Bahamas from another cruiser. I crew a couple of times on a friends boat, and took a few classes (USPS, ASA) before I bought the boat. In addition, I arranged spending a few hours practicing docking with an ASA instructor. As a singlehandler, docking can be exciting in strange marinas.
I looked for used first, I first looked at Danas then 31s. Put an offer on a 31 but it was rejected. So I bought new. Standard draft because the shoal draft has a smaller fuel tank.
I'm currently located in Oriental, NC, but this fall will start heading south to be permanent liveaboard , I'll have to start blogging again.
I made a few mistakes along the way (many groundings, misadventures during docking, etc), that's what I meant by damaging my pride.

Banks: Bahama Banks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps...
Tom
PS31#111 Cielo Azul
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook