SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Owner of a '73 Pearson 30
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010

Adrianjohnm is on a distinguished road
Thanks for assistance.

I see that the problem with the main halyard running on the base of winch is due to line lock being to close to winch. Line lock is only about 6 inches in front of winch.

As for the outhaul...well...that one is hard to answer. I have no idea why the PO did what he did to the boat. I do have a line connected to the outhaul, but no place to cleat it off to at the mast when it it pulled taught by hand!! Easy fix... Longer line leading to the cockpit winch.

Power to the mast is a problem. I have a small 8 x 8 hatch just aft the mast. I have my VHF cable running through that...So hatch must be open when VHF connected!! For mast light he told me there was wire in the companion step storage area and all he did was run it throught the port with it plugged into a 12V cigarette outlet!!!

When putting up the mast, I noticed the 6" - 8" shaft the mast goes on to had a hole in it. Is the wiring supposed to go throught that?

So much to do...Paint...Nonskid.

But she is solid!

That is another reason why I would like pics. To see where non skid goes as I have none left as the decks were recored with Airex (???) and new glass put down.

At least the Atomic 4 works!!!

Wondering if I bit of more than I can chew as this is my first boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook