SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Delivery
Thread: Boat Delivery
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010

TimofBlindSquirrel is on a distinguished road
I am willing to go through the hassel and expense of getting this boat to Chicago because it is rare to find one on the market. Current shipping estimates show that I should be able to purchase it and transport it to Chicago for a lot less than the least expensive one that is currently on the market. This is one of three that are currently on the market.

I also have a facility near the Illinois - Wisconsin border that provides everything I need to do the refit. It is less than a 90 minute drive, has heat and A/C, and a mobile gantry crane will easily fit over the boat when on jack stands. I will probably need to yank the motor and give it a re-build(oh joy!).

I am also extremely handy and have an extensive construction background. Doing the re-fit myself will not only be more satisfying, but it will allow me to make changes and modifications that I really want. I did a complete refit on my last boat and was extremely pleased with the results. I ended selling that boat for what I had into it, minus labor, so it worked out for me. Hopefully I will have the same results with this boat.

Thanks for all the advice.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook