SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #156 of Old 08-12-2010 Thread Starter
PCP

OVNI / Allures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRW View Post

Well, Alubat make a few other very interesting (IMO) vessels, specifically the OVNI lineup. I don't know what it is about these vessels that I find the most intriguing but overall they seem to offer a huge number of fantastic features.

- The interiors have a functional, purposeful look to them without any of the added "bling"
- The lifting keel (though hated by some) allows for shallow waters or even beaching
- If you crunch some of the numbers they appear impressive (SA/D 21.5, B/D 36%, DLR 162)
- A price that while out of reach for some is certainly comparable to some of the cruisers featured in this thread

Comments anyone ?

SRW
Sean,

I agree that the OVNIS are interesting boats and they are not slow boats, specially downwind. They are also not very expensive, for aluminum boats.

But I would prefer the Allures. Much better upwind and faster in all points of sail, with a better AVS and reserve stability.

The boat has an aluminum hull, but to keep the weight down has a composite deck. They have been everywhere, including near the poles.

Le grand voyage

St├ęphane Peyron - official website - la nature ├* hauteur d'homme - site officiel - biographie - biography - 95 West productions - dans la nature - histoires formidables - Nulle Part Ailleurs - L'Avion - expeditions - livres - extraits video - photo

Allures

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 11:53 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome