SailNet Community - View Single Post - Use a DC Power Supply?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010

Tree is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies.....

Yes, the boat is out of the water in the winter. But I did wonder if there could be any possible application when in water. The electralisis concern is a good point.

I'm very far north and we can see minus 25 F in the winter. I have always figured that it's safer to bring the batteries inside the house where I can monitor their state of charge and insure that they are not freezing.

I only asked the question because several years ago I had purchased this little power supply when I had picked up a new gps unit for my airplane and I wanted to "play and learn" with the gps (and not eat up the double a batteries in the gps unit). Well, long story short, I didn't really ever use the power supply. The gps was easy to learn. So 10+ years later I came across this little power supply hiding in the back of a cabinet and I said to myself.... possible aplications???? ....hmmmmm could I use this when the boat is decommisioned and sitting in the back yard?...... ya know, shoulder season when it's not so cold and I'm working in the boat and want music.... or to test new gear that requires a little DC power.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook