SailNet Community - View Single Post - use of toe rail..
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweitz View Post
The toe rails are typically very storng and could easily withstand the loads you may impose with a midship mooring line. The issue you may face is the proper form of attachment. You could use a snatch block on the toe rail and lead it to a strong point like a proper size cleat, or a winch. There are cleats available that are designed to go into toe rails, but they seem pretty flimsy to me.
Agreed: Wish I had a camera today.

I was at the dock today and came upon a 40 something boat that has 3/4" headed SS carriage bolts every 5" holding down the toe rail going through the deck to hull joint...Id bet my bottom dollar you could pick that boat up by its to rail if you attached to enough areas no problem as all.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook