SailNet Community - View Single Post - MACGREGOR 19ft to 26ft owners (Help Please)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
May of us learned on a MAC...I loved mine even though I was frustrated with hull speed ( I had no clue as to water line length back then)

I thought mine was a 21 Im now thinking it might have been a 19 with an added bowsprit...It was Safe forgiving and cheap.

Its deck to hull joint was riveted not bolted so that tells you something right there on build quality but for a first boat I have and still do highly recommend them.

I had mine out in a gale once and it brought me back home safe bucking 6' seas with my 1960 vintage 5 or 6 horse Johnson...

5 of us laid it over 3 miles from shore and she righted herself with a little help pulling on the keel with minimal water slipped below decks and that was with the companionway hatch boards out...so they are designed proper IMHO...... ( 2 of us almost sunk and lost a knocked down 19/20' Bayliner Buccaneer a couple years ago so stay away from those.)

I could sail with the rail buried 6 to 8" all day long but the hull to deck joint would leak a tad.

Saddest part is I have not one picture of my early sailing days that I am aware of...we never thought about that back then.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 08-16-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook