SailNet Community - View Single Post - pearson 30 1973
Thread: pearson 30 1973
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010

hobbits is on a distinguished road
post compression

yes we found the mast post compression at survey so you are correct and experienced on pearsons.the shop has removed the mast and rotting wood and is going to place a solid fiberglass plate uder the mast before restepping it.he also is going to use a bondo compound under the pulleys and winches that turn the lines into cockpit area thru dodger.that way it wont matter what gets wet under the winches or mast.you are correct again my teacher,as the mast had sunk into deck i/8 inch and caused considerable cracking inside the deck and even down below where beam goes into hull.we found that the beam had not compress into keel step so that was good.while mast is down im having deck lights installed for night use and also a light on top as i the name of that light eludes me this early.also having a windex mounted on top.thanks for sharing your knowledge of the pearson w/me.this boat will never race anything,it will be an old mans surf safari type boat.as im retired and thinkin after hearing your knowledge,which is good,i,ll just cruise the pacific coast to mexico an back surfing along the way till i find another more worldly-worthy boat.thank you again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook