One of the biggest benefits I've found to switching out my food to "eating clean" is that it works really well with living aboard and sailing. Basic ingredients, minimal processed foods, fresh and local as often as you can, all work great on a boat. We generate a lot less trash too. Here's some of the stuff that's been working great for us:
- lentils in bulk for... you guessed it... lentil soup.
- steel coat oats. with a little cinnamon for breakfast.
- (raw, uncooked / unsalted )almonds and prunes as snack food.
- fresh veggies and fruit. a lot of things like grapefruit last for weeks and as long as you're flexible and buy whatever's in bulk and local it's pretty cheap.
- fish. duh :-)
- whey protein in tubs because i can't shake my old weight lifting habits!
Keep the water on the outside, you on the inside, and the stick in the air.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.