SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is a "liveaboard" in SoCal?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
what i was advised by a marina in lost angeles was liveaboard was more than 90 days per yr on board, and only 10 percent of marina slips are for living aboard residents. per state. lol
HOWEVER, what i have SEEN is that every marina and every locale considers live aboard in a different manner--each has own regs and rules and fees.
good luck. there is a loong wait in mos all marinas --if you wish immediate place to stash boat, consider mooring. is an option.or go to mexico. marina coral is just north of ensenada. ensenada is morel like a border town now than it was -- is too busy and has too many displaced sin diego-ites --the wrong kind, btw--and the yard is competitive with the priciest of sin diego yards--again being the most pricey on west coast. so isnt a big saving to go to yard there. the baja naval marina is nice--the bathrooms will spoil ye--but the yard is high for mexico. the people are nice. but the pricing is not competitive with mexico--is competitive with sin diego's ripoff pricing. just my 2 cents....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook