I had the same problem on my 1982 Hunter 27. Hunter doesn't make that part anymore. You will have to fabricate a new one. I used what was left of the old bow plate and used it as a template to make a couple of cardboard and tape bow plates, until I got it right. Then, gave that to a sheet metal shop and had a nice stainless steel bow plate made. It is a pain, but from what I know it's the only way. After the the bow plate was made. I put it in place and used a can of black spray paint to mark the holes. To do this, remove the v-berths forward most bulkhead and slide yourself as far up in the bow as you can. Spray up into the holes, this will mark the spots. Don't worry about the black spray paint job, know one will ever see it. Remove the plate drill all the holes and bolt it back up. I used a liberal amount of 3M 5200 to seal it.
Last edited by Dferr; 06-07-2006 at 07:26 AM.