SailNet Community - View Single Post - New (to me) C&C 24
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010

ceddavis is on a distinguished road
New (to me) C&C 24

I posted this in the "introduction" thread. Hopefully hear in the C&C "room", more folks with direct experience will notice. Thanks in advance!

After more years then I care to count, I finally "found" a nice sailboat, Ariel, a C&C 24 in need of a little love. Ariel is now in Rye, NY, but will be moved down to the Delaware and eventually on to the northern Chesapeake.

I have a few questions for some one with experience on C&C's:

1. Bilges - There is a manual bilge pump in the starboard rear cockpit. It draws from the front bottom on the bilge. However, it leaves approximately 2~3 inches of water. That wouldn't be a huge problem, except that it seems to fill up in just a few days. The source is not apparent.
a. Have others had this issue? Any suggestions for locating / fixing the leak?
b. Has anyone found a bilge pump configuration which removes most of the waters?

2. Gel coat cracking - There is a fair amount of gel coat cracking, although it appears mainly cosmetic. Is there any way to repair / improve the surface? (with out spending $$$$$$)

3. Ventilation. - The boat is "stock", with out any vents, which means it get pretty stuffy inside. What are people's recommendations?.

Any and all comments and suggestions welcome,

Chuck
Edit/Delete Message
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook