SailNet Community - View Single Post - Salem to Nantucket with a 3 year old....
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
I have not done that trip per se, but I have been in and out of Salem and in and out of Nantucket, and a fair number of places between, many times.

Short of weather, I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do this trip comfortably in a week+. I wouldn't hesitate to do it with a 3 year old that is accustomed to sailing -- and here I assume yours is -- provided you are not the lone adult that must both sail the boat and watch the child. PFD at all times while on deck for the kid, of course.

A good route would be to jump down to Scituate from Salem. Then down to the CC canal. Spend a night in or around Hyannis, then out to Nantucket the next day. Spend three or four days in Nantucket. Coming back, you could do P-town instead of Scituate.

Just a suggestion... Sounds like a great trip. Nice to do it before the windmills go in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook