SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dingy/tender ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010

Gene T is on a distinguished road
I am planning to go this route. I currently have a 9' RIB that is kept on the foredeck. But it is heavy, in the way and impossible for just one person to launch or load. Keeping it off the boat is a problem as there is little extra room in the slip for a dink.

I recently got an inflatable kayak. With a power inflator it is pretty simple and quick to get ready for launch and it is lightweight. However I find putting it away to be time consuming as water gets trapped below the air floor. I also wonder what others do about deflating their boats. Water trapped in the rolled up boat will mildew unless the boat is used often.

My plan is to replace the RIB with an air floor inflatable but now I am wondering about how much hassle putting it away will be.

BTW: If you have an inverter there are 110 volt power pumps that will make short work of inflating and deflating the boats. I have a 12 volt pump that works too but takes a longer. These pumps get you to about 3 psi so if you get a HP floor boat you will need to pump the floor up manually to 10 psi.

Gene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently in Long Beach, CA
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook