SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for 30-34' Club+ Racing Boat
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010

BigBoatHack is on a distinguished road
Looking for 30-34' Club+ Racing Boat

Am looking for something for some casual PHRF racing. Most likely to be beer can but could include the occasional 30-60 mile race (and maybe longer). I'm east coast based so we're predominately light air (especially the evening racing). Boat should be easy to sail not some tortured IOR remnant. I don't require much of an interior. IB or OB okay. My budget could be as high as $35k for the right boat but am aiming for more like $20k.

My ideal boat is light, easily driven and can be sailed by myself, one or two adults and a couple of juniors. Have been looking at the Evelyn 32s, Olson 29s and 30s and at the upper end of the price range, the Bravura 32. With the exception of the B32, I'm looking at PHRF 95 to 115 or so. The other common feature of these boats is they're relatively fast and the loads (I presume) are relatively light (at least versus something like a Frers 33). Other thoughts include the SR-33, Soverel 33, Tripp 33, and J33 but these boat are getting heavier and presumably more heavily loaded.

Any other boats I should be thinking about? Dash 34? Hobie 33? Other? Any specific thoughts on the Olson 29 versus the 30?
Thanks.

Last edited by BigBoatHack; 08-21-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook