SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for 30-34' Club+ Racing Boat
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
I like the Evelyn and Olson suggestions. I've raced a fair bit on the E32, it is lightly built and fast (especially downwind!). Not much below accommodation wise (not standing headroom, for instance). We also raced against an O29 for many years and they always did very well.

Soem of the other J-boats would be on my list, too. J-29 and J-30 for instance, and I'd even consider the J-27. The J-29 has several permutations (inboard/outboard, masthead/fractional) so I'd study that one a bit before choosing which variant. Remember, if you can keep the size down, the cost of new sails will be much more reasonable.

I might even look at some of the earlier decimeter series J-boats, like the J-92 or J-80. I haven't priced them lately, but they may be within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoatHack View Post
Edit: Hopefully I'll figure out how to get rid of the automatic hyperlinking. Though if someone could help me speed up the process, I'd appreciate it.
No way to turn it off individually. It's something the site owners have in place so we just have to live with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook