SailNet Community - View Single Post - Block Island Day 1
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
HI Barry, I was thinking about you yesterday, thanks for the report. Our day was different, course makes all the difference. We got underway at 1110, setting sail outside 25 minutes later. The moderate NE was good to sail 010m closehauled. By the time we reached Milford the breeze had veered ten degrees. On the crossing we took some spray, but it was a great sail. Anchored in The Gulf, rowed into town (1.3nm). There was a street festival, Jane bought a toe ring. We had a great Mexican dinner (during an oyster festival? whatever) and rowed back. Up anchor at 1900, sail set 1930. The breeze was lighter, and had veered more. I could just lay for Mt Sinai. As darkness fell, the breeze continued to veer and lighten. A lovely night, but WS is not brilliant to windward in light air. By the time we passed Middle ground, I was making for Smithtown Bay, also being set west by the tide. I furled sail and motored home. We had a great day, I hope you have a great cruise. It was really nice to meet your family on friday. Fair winds!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook