SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who taught themselves how to sail?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
I've never taken a sailing course, but grew up around boats and have read several books and articles as well as watching several videos...actually still do most of the later. As a kid we sailed my Uncles Sunfish off the Magothy, as a teenager I would go sailing with a family friend on their Morgan OI 33 and spent a few weekends on my Aunt & Uncles Bristol 35.5. It wasn't until we purchased our first sailboat, a Buccaneer 20 did I really start to take it seriously and got the bug to learn more. Crewed a few races and after a couple of seasons with the Buc we bought our current boat and love it.

I like to relate sailing to cooking, once you learn the basics you can spend your entire life trying to learn more and perfect your skills...probably one the reason I love sailing so much is the challenge it presents, no matter who you are or how much experience you have, everyday its something new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary

Last edited by T37Chef; 05-18-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook