SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tanzer 26 - Need help finding... well... stuff
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010

painthappy is on a distinguished road
Tanzer 26 - Need help finding... well... stuff

I'm new here, so bear with me as I try and figure my way around the forums.

I just bought a 1977 Tanzer 26, and I love the boat. It's sound, but needs some TLC, but nothing major, mostly light aesthetic/cosmetic stuff.

But first off, the boat doesn't have any sort of railing on it.
The cushions have all been tossed, the V-Berth is bare and nothing to sleep on... etc.

Does anyone have links to webpages or know of some stores I can goto and start buying stuff for the boat? I'm pretty good with searching online, but finding a place to buy stuff for a sailboat seems to be a daunting task for me lately.

Where the heck do folks find parts, misc stuff, etc? Since the Tanzer company is no longer in business I can't just visit the manufacturers web page. I hit up some folks still doing some Tanzer stuff, but that's on hold right now.

Anyhow, thanks in advance... Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Background: I used to sail the 55 footers many years ago with a crew, lots of fun. Haven't sailed anything larger than a 14' sunfish in 15 years. Want to get back into it, so I bought a less expensive boat on a lake to get my feet wet again, before I spent the money on a bigger ocean sailboat one day.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

See you all around.

Carter
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook