SailNet Community - View Single Post - seabee
Thread: seabee
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010
Lies about her age

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
How's this for help! Watkins* Owners Home Page

D E S I G N & H I S T O R Y

The W29 was first introduced in 1984. In 1988 the rear transom was slightly changed from nearly vertical to a reverse style and the model designator changed to W30. The W30 model continued in production until the factory closed. The last known Watkins boat to be built by the factory was a W30 whose hull was molded in April of 1989 as a 1990 model. Total production of the W29 & W30 was 88 boats. At least 60 of the total were W29’s leaving less than 28 which could be W30’s.

The boat is sloop rigged with a 4’ draft and a skeg mounted rudder. Her interior offers accommodations for five including a quarter berth with the option of a pull out double berth to port. Standard items includes diesel engine, pressure water, shower, eight opening ports, bulkhead mounted dining table and shore power. The galley is to starboard with a sink, stove, icebox and storage. There is a hanging locker opposite of the head forward. Headroom is 6’3” and her mast height above DWL is 40’1”.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook