SailNet Community - View Single Post - broken westerbeke engine mounts in 331
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010

finney is on a distinguished road
Unhappy broken westerbeke engine mounts in 331

Hi all we have a Westerbeke 30b in our 331. Last year while traveling the front port side monting bolts broke off where the attach the leg bracket to the front of the eng. Did the repair had the allignment checked and started a new year. This year the leg on the same side broke where the bend it to match it to the front of the engine. Westerbeke has been NO help and treated me like dirt because its out of warranty coverage. ( The folks at Mack Boring Yanmar were much nicer and offered a lot of suggestions great place.)

Has anyone out there had simular problems? the yard wants to make a steel bridge and weld the two front mounts together. I'm not sure if that won't jsut transfer what ever force is causing the problem to send its energy to a new place and cause more problems. Westerbeke has redesigned the mounts with a gussett welded behind the point where mine broke which leads me to think they knew it was weak. Any thought would be welcome hope to find anyone with the same problem to talk over the issue
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook