SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010

Skipper995 is on a distinguished road
I have to say a big 'Thank you' to Greg Devine at Flexdel Corp, the makers of Aquagard bottom paint. Two years ago our marina decided to stop allowing owners to apply their own bottom paint. I was forced to let the yard do this instead. Within months the poorly applied paint was coming off the boat and growth was getting ridiculous. I was scraping and clean nearly every week to keep up. I wet store every other year so didn't haul the boat last winter.
A few weeks ago I called Greg to ask about their paint formula to see if anything had changed. I have been using water based Aquagard for years with great success. I explained that the last application had been done by the marina instead of me and the result was awful. He apologized and said that he wanted to keep his customers happy and would send me two new gallons of paint for free. Several days later I received the two gallons along with a couple of T shirts with company logo and a note. I responded with an email thanking him for his forthright manner and attention to customer satisfaction.
If anyone is ever interested in an alternative to the high priced 'name brand' stuff I highly recommend you give Aquagard a try.
Needless to say this year I'm winter storing at another marina who will allow me to bottom paint my boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook