SailNet Community - View Single Post - mainsheet mysteries revealed?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Just curious, how does this 6:1/24:1 dump the main more quickly than a 6:1???

IIRC, Denise's current setup is a 4:1... which I believe she mentioned in a previous thread.
SD, I said "something more like this". The 4:1 coarse/fine set-up on the Harken web site is a mess and difficult to follow, so I posted something closer to what I had in mind. It's the PRINCIPLE we're talking about here!... Double-ended mainsheet, tackle on one end.. Silly Puppy!

If the 4:1 is too slow, she could probably trial a 2:1 coarse with a 6:1 fine adjustment, but with no pics of the current set-up it's a bit difficult to call. This might seem extreme at first (using the 'fine' adjustment for normal non-gusty mainsheet control), but you do get used to it - eventually..

Makes gybing quicker too!

Denise, I'm sure you'd be able to modify what you've got - it shouldn't be too expensive.

Last edited by Classic30; 08-31-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook