SailNet Community - View Single Post - Challenging ASA ratings?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
Another less stressful way to deal with it is to just see how many certs a given school will let you get in how many days.
That was my original intention. However i need to find a time and a date when one other person was going to be enrolled in the class, which may not happen this year. Also the course was going to cost more than twice as much at least $700 difference than challenging the ratings and that school would not allow me to challenge the higher ratings, like ASA 105.

CB and tempest thanks for the suggestions and advice. I already have a stack of .7 mechanicals my preferred weapon for navigation will look for the other type of eraser. I have looked for the Pyzel book but it is no longer available it seems. I have the Yellow ASA coastal navigation book Chapmans, Annapolis, and Boaters Bowditch, which will have to do. The only chart I have is for the Puget Sound area, but will be taking the test in Oakland. If I remember correctly the charts for the course are from the East Coast? Any ideas where to get some practice questions to sharpen my skills?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook