As you can see this is my first post on Sailnet, I have lurked here for over 2 years and seen some great advice and funny stories. I have a question that I hope to get some advice on from someone who has been there, done that.
We have about 2 years sailing under our belts in the Pacific Northwest, mostly day cruises and the odd overnighter. We have decided to take 1 - 2 years off work and go cruising.So keeping in mind Mediterranean or Caribbean, these are my questions.
1. Where is a better "entry" level cruising ground? Weather?
2. Is there a dramatic price difference in monthly expenses?
3. Would one place be more suited for a 1 yr cruise vs a 2 yr cruise?
4. More kids (11 - 14) in one area over the other?
5. Easier to come and go into countries?
6. Maybe I am discounting a good option on the Pacific? Not sure if we want to open water yet.
7. I will have to buy an offshore capable boat regardless of where we go, and being from Canada it means buying a boat in a foreign country no matter which way we go.
I am eager to see your responses