SailNet Community - View Single Post - Delmarva Circumnavigation - Trip Report
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Honest, I did not mean to bash Utsch's. Nice folks that have many loyal customers. I really don't know why I was turned away the one year. I will surely try Utsch's again, next time.

Sorry about the expereince with the big sport fisherman, but egos abound. I find them hilarious to watch, each eyeballing the new arrivals to see who's is biggest. I have never run into any sort of abuse anywhere. Just lucky, I guess. I think I'd just laugh, perhaps followed by some comment about how I give the helm to my daughter when we are only motoring. When we were there last year a salesman doing a Viking delivery gave my daughter a Viking polo shirt, just because she was friendly and he though she looked cute, fishing next to his boat.

Fortunately, I did have some muscle relaxers with me, but they make you sleepy and slow witted. Not the best combination. Fortunately my daughter came through. She took a required MD boating safety class 2 years ago, and ever since then she has been a VERY conciseness helmsman.

Several things are clear; we all like Cape May, the Lobster House is a zoo, and the fish market is fun.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook