SailNet Community - View Single Post - Delmarva Circumnavigation - Trip Report
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 09-06-2010 Thread Starter
pdqaltair

Honest, I did not mean to bash Utsch's. Nice folks that have many loyal customers. I really don't know why I was turned away the one year. I will surely try Utsch's again, next time.

Sorry about the expereince with the big sport fisherman, but egos abound. I find them hilarious to watch, each eyeballing the new arrivals to see who's is biggest. I have never run into any sort of abuse anywhere. Just lucky, I guess. I think I'd just laugh, perhaps followed by some comment about how I give the helm to my daughter when we are only motoring. When we were there last year a salesman doing a Viking delivery gave my daughter a Viking polo shirt, just because she was friendly and he though she looked cute, fishing next to his boat.

Fortunately, I did have some muscle relaxers with me, but they make you sleepy and slow witted. Not the best combination. Fortunately my daughter came through. She took a required MD boating safety class 2 years ago, and ever since then she has been a VERY conciseness helmsman.

Several things are clear; we all like Cape May, the Lobster House is a zoo, and the fish market is fun.

Writing full-time since 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Keeping a Cruising Boat for Peanuts"
"Faster Cruising for the Coastal Sailor"
"Singlehanded Sailing for the Coastal Sailor"
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome