SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for a boat (or two) for trans-pacific passage from seattle (PNW)
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-07-2010 Thread Starter
kokomon

looking for a boat (or two) for trans-pacific passage from seattle (PNW)

hi all,
i'm a novice sailor, still developing my wind sense. i have been sailing at least once a week at the center for wooden boats in seattle in the past month and a half. i can solo a junior knockabout, cat boat, and spritsail. i hoisted a spinnaker once. i know how to rig bermuda, simple gaff and simple sprit sails. my longest trip so far was from la conner (wa) to seattle on a columbia 26, which took 14 hours and in which i learned some chart reading.
i'm a carpenter by trade. i enjoy making and fixing things. i'm a very tool-capable person. i repaired one sail, so far. i also have worked in the restaurant business as both a dishwasher and cook. i'm an outdoor person and a trained rock climber.
my main destination is indonesia. however, i'm willing and eager to take however many rides to achieve my goal. i just wanna get my feet wet, literally and figuratively. i'm available immediately.
sincerely yours,
koko
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome