SailNet Community - View Single Post - Circumnav preps coming together
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Circumnav preps coming together

I think I must be actually getting somewhere for our November departure. My "To Do" list is actually getting smaller rather than larger (it has been about 4 pages using Excel grids with about 20 items per page). Today we paid for the boat insurance (decided to go with full coverage after toying around with the idea of liability only) and went to the travel health clinic for innoculations (typhoid and yellow fever) and information about dengue fever, malaria (prescription), the runs (another prescription), and altitude sickness (seems odd for a sea voyage but we will be backpacking for a month in Ecuador and Peru and could be as high as 15,000'. Also working on getting a snowbird's car to drive to Florida (we are in Toronto since I have collected enough crap here that flying could get pricey.

Not too many more tasks to do here before we head to Fla and start on that part of the To Do list - the big item there will be change the standing rigging.