SailNet Community - View Single Post - Womyn are never called Captain
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
this is going to be fun

Urban Dictionary: womyn

womyn

A variation of the word "woman". The word is used mainly by feminists who find it offensive to have the word "man" in “woman”. Let's leave it to T-Rex to wash away the ignorance:
THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD "WOMAN"

T-Rex: Many people believe "woman" is a sexist term, due to its apparent base in the word "man"! This has led to crazy alternative spellings like "womyn" and even "wimmen". However, this is not the case! The word originally derives from the old English "wifmann", where "wif" ment "female" and "mann" meant a person of either sex: thus, a female human!
Dromiceiomimus: Man didn't mean male?
T-Rex: Nope! It derives from the Latin "humanus" (earthling), from "humus" (earth, soil)!
Utahraptor: And while "wif" meant female, "wer" mean male!
T-Rex: Exactly! We can still see this today in words like "werewolf", which means, literally, a manwolf.
Utahraptor: So "werewolf" is actually a more sexist word than "woman"!
T-Rex: According to me: yes! This is why I spell the word "wheirwolf", and why I ask that you do the same! You wouldn't want to be SEXIST, would you?

DO30 really isn't an angry feminist (anymore) but every now and then something hits a nerve!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook