SailNet Community - View Single Post - pearson 30 1973
Thread: pearson 30 1973
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010

hobbits is on a distinguished road
dimples in side reply

this is in reply to the tbh sailor w/dimpling.i just bought a 1973 pearson 30 that on haul out survey had dimples in port and starboard about 18 inches in size,perfectly round and 3/16 inch deep.just forward od the inside bulkhead.i had the boatyard try to push them out however pearsons of that era being bullet proof it wasnt gonna happen.the boatyard,and surveyor assure me its from miscare and the boat sitting on peir blocks to long and placed incorectly,ok i,ll buy that.however now that you have the same im a little more concerned.the surveyor assures me the hull has no oil canning as rich h has stated on this post.so i have to go w/surveyors and boat yard explaination of neglect on improper placement of blocking at sometime.i cant get a detailed history on the boat.
remedy--the boatyard after trying to push the dimples out from the inside decided to grind them out some to adhere fiberglass and filler to them and making dimples flush perfectly w/hull again before repainting the hull again.
it kind of perplexes me that you have found this same issue.it is about 1-2 ft.below water line.if you send me your e-mail address i can send you pix of the repairs and tell me if the same spot as yours,as that would mean it wasnt pier blocking and may be some defect we dont know about in pearson hulls.mine is-tminiola@yahoo.com this causes a little more concern and i now wonder if any other pearson owners have had this same problem.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook