SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010

familyofun is on a distinguished road
Wink Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs

We are booking our charter right now for this winter and I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I recall what we went through last winter with the charter company "Conch Charters" in BVI. To keep it short and sweet:

1) The boat was a wreck
2) The boat was filthy and stunk, including the linens, pillows, etc
3) The employees were of zero assistance via phone or radio once we left the mooring. i.e. when a piece of equipment failed to work.
4) They attack the boat like pirates when you return and the hunt is on for something to charge you with from your damage deposit. And they WILL charge you without hesitation!!! (there go your big savings!) NOT a pleasant way to end a vacation.

You may feel great on booking for saving a bit of cashola, but you will not feel so great when you see the trade off. At least on land you can pack your bags and go to a different hotel. Not so easy when you are afloat.

After you read this, you will see a flurry of comments refuting what I've just written- trust me...these comments have a ring of familiarity to them...ie: the company owners, perhaps, employees???
Have a great vacation and be VERY CAREFUL who you book with!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook