SailNet Community - View Single Post - crusing long island sound and shelter isl. looking for moorings , friends, nightlife
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010

jasonr575 is on a distinguished road
crusing long island sound and shelter isl. looking for moorings , friends, nightlife

Will be crusing long island sound and around shelter island for my vacation. Leaving 9-17 from ct river to niantic, then to mystic river or watch hole or fishers island, then by monday 9/20 to block island, on wed 9/22 to montauk, and somewhere around shelter island, to greenport for maretime fest, mon 9/27 probably back somewhere around shelter island. Back to ct river by wed, 9/29. Looking for anchorages, cheap or free moorings, nightlife, fun things to do (clamming, fishing, beaches etc.) and to make new friends. Anyone with a boat interested in joining us (my girlfriend and I) for some of the trip or meeting us somewhere would be welcome. My girlfriend is 33, i am 41, we are friendly and fun loving. We sail a 41 ft sloop. We are very familiar with block island and fairly familiar with anchorage and clamming in niantic. Looking for info on all other areas, especially about anchorages and moorings. If anyone has moorings in good spots i would be willing to rent. I hope to hear back from anyone who has info.
jason
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook