SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 121 VS Beneteau First 40.7
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2000

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
C&C 121 VS Beneteau First 40.7

Mike and I agree on some points and have a different perspective on others. While I am not a fan of buying new cruising boats, I think that the new racer cruisers do offer a major improvement over earlier designs in terms of performance in most conditions.

Of the two the Farr designed 40.7 is 21 seconds a mile faster under PHRf and has won some very in some very serious racing venues. I have yet to see the C&C 110 on any race results. I think they are really very different boats.

I do agree with Mike on the J-32. There is a J-32 sailing out of Annapolis that I Keep running into and it has been disappointingly slow on all points of sailing but especially upwind where it does not seem to point very well. I have had three encounters with the J-32 and I have walked away from him each time, despite a lot of saili trimming in both our parts. He may get faster once he''s more familiar with the boat. On the other hand I had a person who I was teaching to sail on the helm one time. I agree with Mike, the J-32 should be just plain faster.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook