SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does anyone ever feel this way?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Hey,

It's not always going to be that way, but it can be like that for a while.

Over the last winter I did a bunch of work on my boat, including a lot of work on the engine cooling system. Of course, as soon as the boat got launched and I motored to my mooring, the engine overheated. I fixed it and all was well for a bit. Then the water heater died (just wore out) and i removed it while I waited for my new one to arrive. The engine overheated again. then I installed the new heater and the engine overheated again. It got to the point that whenever I went out of the boat I expected to have overheating problems.

Eventually I solved all the problems with over heating.

In early August, 3 friend and I spent 4 days cruising the Long Island sound. The boat worked perfectly. I touched my toolbox one time to tighten a loose bolt. At the end of Aug my family and I spent 6 days cruising around. We ran into awful weather, including a storm with 35 kt seas and big choppy waves. Again, the boat was perfect, no problems with ANYTHING (engine, transmission, plumbing, rigging, sails, steering, electronics, etc. etc. etc.).

So, my advice is take some time, find the problem, correct the problem, and you will feel a lot happier.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook