SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Hey Smacker,
the cat coming ove the bar is the Southport seaway - our back yard! He used up a few of his cats 9 lives - and was skilled or lucky he did not broach. You know that old saying that the _________ of the act is proportional to the number of people watching..

The east coast of Australia has a number of bar crossings. Southport is considered a 'seaway', not a bar and is the safest.

NSW has some very dangerous ones.

We have surfed in over the Wide Bay Bar in the last boat, a 36' mono. One swell, which broke and we surfed it for half a mile. I kept the nose head on, to stop any chance of broaching. It was interesting. The swells were about 3-4m which is just a tad bigger than the ones in your 2nd vid. The 2nd vid - I saw a gn beacon and a number of surfers - not good for the blood pressure. I reckon he could have munched a board rider towards the end.

Lake sailing dont have swells or bar crossings - I think I might find a big lake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook