SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 99 motoring speed and a few others
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Additional Info

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

After my last 'vacation' on my boat, I have come to the realization that my family is never going to love sailing like I do, and that they are not going to want to spend a week or so on the boat. Day sails yes, overnight or weekend yes, longer than that, most likely no.

If I'm going to have a boat that is mostly used for day sailing, I don't need a 35' or larger boat. And I would like a boat that has more sailing performance. My O'day sails OK, but not great. I think the shoal draft is the biggest reason (and a fixed 3 blade prop is not helping). Plus it's almost 25 years old. So I am thinking of getting a newer boat.

If I do get a new boat it must sail great. It must have enough space for 5 to spend a weekend of longer on. It must have cruising comforts like standing headroom, hot and cold pressure water, etc. And it must be available for under$100K.

I found this one less than 30 minutes from my house:

Long Island Yacht Sales (Bay Shore, NY)

I looked at it yesterday and it seems solid.

So I figured I would get some comments on it.

Epoxy hull seems like a good idea. Deep keel, low wetted surface should have great sailing performance. Open transom should allow me to get on board from my dingy without too much trouble. Decent interior.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Of course I still need to convince my wife that spending a whole lot of money on a toy is something we should do....

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook