SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 99 motoring speed and a few others
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Barry,

THe issues with C&C's and Tartans seem to be on the larger hulls that have two halves put together. THe 99 does not have this issue. Also, an 02 seems to be about 3-5 yrs before some build quality issues at C&C with epoxy boats.

A thing to remember about a boat like this, is you do not "HAVE" to sail with a 140 all the time. if by yourself, a 110 may work fine in most conditions. Then have a 140 when you have 5-6 folks on board. I personally do not like the floorplan, ie a forward head on boats. so this one is not on my list to look at. Not sure how many are around, but Jeanneau Built a Sunfast 32 for a few years, which has a rear head. Then again, the 99 is a bit faster at around phrf of 100-105 IIRC vs the SF at 120. Not sure were a sabre falls in to this either. I'm sure a number of points slower.

A C&C 110 might be another option. about 35' or so, and they go back to 97 or 98, with some fiberglass versions with more room than a 99. I am recalling one in the great lakes for about $99K.

Marty