SailNet Community - View Single Post - Live Aboard Marinas in Florida
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Trisstan87, It's difficult to interpret your data. I can say from our experience of livingaboard at Jacksonville marinas on the Saint Johns River and the ICW that you will find monthly liveaboard rates from $400 to $800/ month for a 40 foot boat. I know of twelve marinas in the Jacksonville area that currently rent slips to Liveaboards and I'm aware of empty slips available at at least six of these,- likely more. Most of these marinas will not claim to have slips available for liveaboards if contacted by phone, but if you contact them as a transient cruiser you will be able to pay a monthly slip fee for an unlimited length of time. Expect to pay $650 or more per month for the marinas in the better protected and nicer areas with the best amenities. We have also stayed at marinas, as liveaboards (arriving as "fulltime cruisers") and at least another dozen marinas south and up the west coast of Florida. We first lived aboard in Florida when we sailed down from the Chesapeake in 1972 and paid $50/month for a slip. We have never been "bullied" or "hassled" by any authorities or marina personel for the 39 years that we have been living aboard in Florida. Take care and joy, Aythya crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook