SailNet Community - View Single Post - Selecting a marina in NJ area
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010

nasomi is on a distinguished road
Selecting a marina in NJ area

I couldn't figure out which sub-forum this might be better suited for, so I'm posting it here.

I'm looking for a marina to possibly put a 31' hunter I'm looking at. Idealy I'd like something with the option of being in water year-round, the April-October season seems a little short for me. I guess extended season would be ok if not year round. I'm looking for something clean and safe. Doesn't necessarily have to have every feature in the book, I don't need things like tv, though it would be nice. I'm looking for something on the less expensive side. I have a friend who lives on Long Beach Island, NJ, and a friend who has a shore house in Wildwood, so those areas would be my first pick. I found one marina that offers slips at $80/ft for the season. I'd like a marina that has the ability to pull the boat out, winterize, do service on, etc.

Basically I'd like something inexpensive, doesn't have to have all the glamor, or be in a hot spot, has the ability to fix problems, and offers winter storage.

Suggestions and experiences, as well as rates of marinas in the area would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook