SailNet Community - View Single Post - Composting Toilets
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Have had a nature's head for 1.5 years or so now. It's great. Not as nice as a shore side flush toilet but MUCH better than a holding tank. Didn't like the peat moss instead use coconut bricks. Much better and they don't come with bugs!

I think the nature's head is better for a few reasons not the least of which is customer service. I called once when I was first using it and immediately the owner and designer was on the phone with some great tips. He reccomended switching to coocnut fiber and INSISTED on next day airmailing me some coconut fiber bricks. That cost him to the tune of $40 in shipping but he wanted to be SURE we were happy. Now that's service!

Whichever one you buy, get a spare pee bottle.

Also if you add an extra sink in the corner of your little room that you (hopefully) don't use for washing hands it makes for a convenient and descreet place to empty your pee bottles without offending your neighbors or making you go out in the middle of the night in the rain. This is of course only for use offshore or canada. Peeing in the water (or emptying pee down the sink) is illegal in the USA. A sink, however, is NOT an MSD and is not required to be padlocked closed etc while travelling in the USA... ;-)

Medsailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MedSailor; 09-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook