SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kits for building a 30ft sailboat?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Cape George Marine offers a line of William Atkin-derived cutters ranging from 31-40', as well as Lyle Hess' BCC 28' and FCC 22':

Quote:
Building Options
We offer our craft in various stages of completion from a bare hull to a complete yacht. We encourage prospective customers to visit the yard and inspect vessels currently under construction to develop a better understanding and appreciation of our craft and the processes involved. Our construction methods can accommodate a customer's wishes in terms of deck layout, cabin arrangement, etc. We also provide drawings, components, and advice to assist owners completing their own boats from a bare hull. Many of these owner-builders have completed fine vessels and cruised them extensively.
In my opinion, the Cape George 34' is one of the handsomest boats on the water. The 31' is nice too, but for my money, I was going to all the trouble of building myself I'd stretch to get the 34'.

If you are in Seattle as your username suggest, man, you should take a trip up to Port Townsend and visit them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook