SailNet Community - View Single Post - Living Aboard Cheap- Dreamers read!
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 09-22-2010
Sundance 23
If I gain the skill level desired for sailing competently on my current 23 footer and my health doesn't fail me, I'd like to live aboard a larger boat when I stop working. I'm saving my money in a 401k that is low risk at 10% per check, with a 5% employer match. I'm not anywhere close to retirement though.

I'm thinking the sailboat live-aboard lifestyle would be awesome. I know a live-aboard fellow who is my absolute sailing guru, and I occasionally hire him to help fix things on my boat. I'm going to help him rebuild the stripped out insidesof a 30-footer he's going to buy real soon. Amazing potential there, and it caused me to dream, dream, dream.

I'm learning something new every day about boating, and I think about sailing most of my waking moments.

Edited to add: I'm very good at living cheap, if need be. I make most everything food-wise from scratch, have a few skills beyond my job, so I think I'll make it just fine living on the water, eventually.

Water is Life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by carl762; 09-22-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome