SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dehler 25 Mast Compression
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-23-2010 Thread Starter
ianroriston

Angry Dehler 25 Mast Compression

I have just discovered that my 1984 built Dehler 25 has mast compression . Symptoms being slightly loose shrouds, small crack forward of the mast tabernackle and a crack in the plastic keel casing together with a definite depresion of the tabernackle. I have no idea how the load is spread through the coachroof as there does not appear to be a support directly to the keel. This boat has a water ballast tank under the cockpit sole and forward of the forecabin bulkhead so I am sure that the load is spread over the arch of the coachroof. Has anyone any previous experience of this on this particular model of boat. I live in Spain where the vast majority of boats here belong to petrol heads and sailing is in the minority and I feel that there may be a lack of experience in the boat yards. I have emailed Dehler in Germany to see if they can assist with construction plans but not yet received a response. I have little experience in boat building but more then handy generally, not only that, a lack of cash means I have to get hands on. I am not too proud to accept any advice but do need it directly related to this boat please. Many thanks in anticipation. Ian
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome