SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dehler 25 Mast Compression
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010

ianroriston is on a distinguished road
Angry Dehler 25 Mast Compression

I have just discovered that my 1984 built Dehler 25 has mast compression . Symptoms being slightly loose shrouds, small crack forward of the mast tabernackle and a crack in the plastic keel casing together with a definite depresion of the tabernackle. I have no idea how the load is spread through the coachroof as there does not appear to be a support directly to the keel. This boat has a water ballast tank under the cockpit sole and forward of the forecabin bulkhead so I am sure that the load is spread over the arch of the coachroof. Has anyone any previous experience of this on this particular model of boat. I live in Spain where the vast majority of boats here belong to petrol heads and sailing is in the minority and I feel that there may be a lack of experience in the boat yards. I have emailed Dehler in Germany to see if they can assist with construction plans but not yet received a response. I have little experience in boat building but more then handy generally, not only that, a lack of cash means I have to get hands on. I am not too proud to accept any advice but do need it directly related to this boat please. Many thanks in anticipation. Ian
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook