SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Storage Recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010

sailingnyc is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies!

@chef2sail - Yes way too fast. I have to have it off my mooring by Oct 15th. Still hoping to have a few more weeks of good weather.

@jjablonowski - I'll call around CI and compare prices. Tolls aren't an issue but accessibility to public transit is... Do most places let you work on your boat in the winter or should I be asking this question when I call?

@CalebD - You're right, I was contradicting myself. I'm figuring on keeping it outside, out of the water. This is my first season so all this is new to me. I do agree that shrink-wrapping seems expensive and excessive. My issue is that I don't own a vehicle so getting supplies to the yard to do it myself is a hurdle. I've searched the forums and read other's DIY tarp covers and they seem pretty elaborate. Any suggestions or links on how to do this easily would be great. It would be something I'd just use for the winter, because I don't have a place to store it. Do Marinas frown on you doing it yourself? Is this something I would need to verify before deciding on a place?

thanks again,

Brett
Make: 1978 O'day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook