SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Transport - 30ft sailboat
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010
Tartan 28

drgamble is on a distinguished road
I just shipped my boat with very similar dimensions as yours and used uShip. I was very satisfied with the process. If you do use uShip I would recommend upgrading your posting (approx $20) versus the free posting as you will receive a lot more bids on the move. I also contacted several natiowide and local shippers just to confirm process and prices. I found the variation in price (shipping from Missouri to Marina del Rey, CA) to be within about a $1,000 variance between shippers. I booked Thomas Duncan - Thomas Duncan Towing - and was extremely satisifed. One nice thing about uShip is you get a lot of visibility to customer feedback. When I booked, Thomas had ranked as the second highest in customer satisfaction for sailboat shipping, which was the major factor in going with him.

I have no affiliations with uShip or Thomas Duncan... just relaying my very recent experience (boat was shipped 2 weeks ago).

Tartan 28
Peregrine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook